Our client, an expert in the UK and International consumer information management, employs cutting edge technology and industry expertise to provide in-depth insight that delivers the best return on investment for our clients. Its leading approach to deploying consumer information brings together experts across the fields of credit referencing, marketing services, interactive solutions and consultative analytics.
We currently have an exceptional and exciting opportunity in Kaunas for a DATABASE DEVELOPER.
As a Database developer you will work with Microsoft SQL Server technology stack and, when required, other 3’d party tools to design, create, maintain and improve database solutions. You will have to continuously and clearly communicate with technical and business people and therefore choose appropriate and understandable language to explain technical things to non IT people and also translate business requirements into technical terms. You will be expected to be able to address complex business problems and help in solving them.
As a database developer you will be expected to work according to Agile practices:
- Understand different Agile practices and methodologies (SCRUM, DSDM, XP, KANBAN, etc.)
- Attend daily stand-up meetings
- Together with project team members plan time-boxes (sprints) – help validate and analyse user stories, split user stories into tasks, estimate and deliver tasks on time.
- Attend retro meetings - give feedback and help improve daily processes and project workflow.
As a database developer you will be expected to program in compliance with high coding standards, industry best practices and enterprise guidelines. You will also collaborate with QA on daily bases – therefore you will be expected to develop with testability, maintainability and scalability in mind. You will have to help QA during testing and peer review code created by other developers.
MAIN TECHNOLOGIES, TOOLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012: Design, create, maintain, improve and develop Databases, Stored procedures, CLR and non-CLR functions, Views, DDL and DML triggers; Develop with quality, best practices and enterprise guidelines in mind
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services: Create new and maintain existing reports
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services: Create testable, configurable, well-structured and scalable SSIS Packages; Extract, transform and load data from various sources; - Maintain and improve existing SSIS solutions
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008, 2012: Use TFS for tasks and time management; Use TFS for source/version controlling; Use branches and branching and merging best practices for scope, version and release control; Use Automated Builds (Continuous integration) to ensure quality
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, 2010, 2012: Use SSIS projects for SSIS solution development; Use SQL Server Database Projects and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for database solution.
- MSDN Subscription – access to newest development tools, user and server operating systems, other Microsoft software
- Dedicated time each month for personal learning and development
- Ability to work on some of the largest databases in Europe
- Training provided for personal development and professional growth.
INTERESTED? GO TO http://www.grafton.lt/darbai/database-d … -aps-3310/ TO APPLY TODAY!
For more related job opportunities visit www.grafton.lt/it/
Only selected candidates will be informed.